Friday, March 5, 2010

First of all, to have Michael Wagener as a producer is a dream come true. I have been here already for a couple of weeks, but it is still really surreal feeling every time I open the studio door or while I'm listening to his heavy metal war stories while having dinner! This is just one of those things I couldn't dream of. All the effort he is doing for us is just unbelievable. I mean, he has seen everything, gone through everything, worked with Gods of Heavy Metal but he is as excited and motivated to do this album as he´d be with anybody else. What can I say? He's the man. Respect.
Alright alright, so here I am with the other monsters, in Nashville..in country paradise, in music city, making Lordi's 5th studio album. Life and food is good. And to be honest, I think we are making the best Lordi album ever! Yea yea yea, I know it's a cliché but that's the way I feel right now. At least there are all the good signs, and evil signs, in the air for an excellent rock album. And, if we wouldn't feel it that this is the best Lordi album, then we shouldn't do it. Simple as that. No compromises.


Studio is awesome. It's a place where you can easily spend a month or two.. I took just one guitar with me, my baby, "Gibson Les Paul Standard". It's the same guitar you can hear on every Lordi album. Mr. Wagener has a "couple" of guitars in here, see pictures. I guess we'll find a right one for each track :)




Saturday 27th Feb was my first actual studio day. It was about time! You know, I've been mostly at our Nashville home, playing guitar and watching the olympic games..well, it ain't bad, not at all, but it feels good to finally turn up the amps to eleven and nail down the first riffs for the new album!


Speaking of the amps..it wasn't necessary to bring any amps or cabinets with me, or what do you think about these pictures.. ;)

We have the cabinet which Skid Row used on Slave To The Grind album, (I know Mr.Lordi already mentioned that but I have to underline it), and then we have the cabinet which Skid Row used on Slave To The Grind album, we also have the cabinet Skid Row...okay, got it? :) But how cool is this: we have the amp Jake E. Lee used during his Ozzy days! About amps, we have those, a looooooot... maybe I post an amp list later..Yes, Marshall is very well represented. Me like.
So far so good. More is yet to come, stay tuned and I'll try to stay in tune :)
Amen